Wednesday, February 25, 2009

blogging the business of WAR

It seems like there's a growing number of bloggers writing predictive columns about WAR's business end -- the subscriber base, profitability, whatever. I understand why this is interesting to the people writing about it, but I'm not convinced that it's very useful.

Let's assume that everyone blogging about WAR's likelihood of long-term success or chances of survival or whatever knows more about this than you and me. Even given that, what's the benefit of these predictions to the reader? Aside from generating fear of investing time into the game, it doesn't do me much good.

Obviously anybody can blog about whatever they want (yay internet), but if you want WAR to succeed, if you are invested in the game, then I think this sort of conjecture is pretty self-sabotaging.

1 comment:

  1. And that's why you are such an awesome blogger!

    ReplyDelete