Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm so excited ... I just can't hide it.

Merry Patch Day to one and all.

Looks like a good un, and should be an interesting log-in tonight. Here's in order the things I'm excited to see in action:

1. Crafting changes. Yes, I'm a crafting geek, but I spend a lot of time on this stuff, and it all sounds very promising. Buff pots persist through death? yes please! Easier cultivating and talisman crafting? Oh hell yeah. New cultivating gathering skill and a whole new apothecary interface to boot? Lots of promise here. I'll pour a distilled water on the ground for the brothers who ain't around ... namely apothecary drops from scavenging, but I'm still very excited about what's awaiting me here.

Also, 20 decomissioned crafting reagents gets a limited time dohicky. I bet i've got 20 of these. I hope I get a pony.

2. Class changes. Chosen seems to have gotten a decent tweak, we'll see. Nothing here stands out as mind-blowing, but that doesn't mean it won't have a big impact. Also, free mastery refund ... yay? Not the biggest fan of the mastery paths, tbh. Don't really get my blood pumping. One long path ... with some spells? And tactics? eh, okay, I guess. Maybe I'd be more excited if it did a better job of defining roles, but I'm not feeling it dawg.

3. Gunbad changes! Okay, your mileage may vary, but I'm in a major Gunbad mindset, and it sounds like it got some nice lovin' particularly a boss loot upgrade, which is always welcome. Rare dyes are sweetness.

4. easy pqs: I've got a nice little guild so I'm not quite as needy for easy pq's as I might be, but these are still very welcome.

5. Bitter rivals ... I guess. Meh. I know I'll get into this, but I'm just not really that gung ho about the rewards. Nice and all, but nothing to get too excited about. Still I'm an influence junkie, and pretty competitive so I know I'll be pushing hard to get this despite my general indifference to the loot.

I'll be curious to see what kind of world-impact this event has. Will I feel like .. oh this is totally "Bitter Rivals" when I log on? Will the event be immersive in any way? Night of murder had a little of this: the slaughterhags everywhere, the burning crossbones, the sinsearchers, but was still pretty easy to ignore.

Early access to the new classes? Not really for me. I'll probably make a choppa up at some point, but I'm not in any rush. No slayers thanks, I don't do the dwarf thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment