Monday, February 2, 2009

The aesthetics of chaos

I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised by the both the chaos character model options and the starting zone.

The character models really are very quirky and have a strong aesthetic, while allowing a bunch of different effects. Czarnal is a pretty handsome looking dude, if I do say so myself, but there are certainly other ways to go from the horrific to the war ravaged.

The chaos starting areas, and really all of the chaos camps in Norsca and Nordland are very cool. Squirming pink trees, the chaos portal, lots of impressive NPCs marching about in spikey armor, the hellcannons facing out at the hapless town. Its both visually interesting and narratively immersive. I felt right away like I was in the thrust of a monstrous, otherworldy army's assault on the trim, respectable world of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment